2015 North Island EP Onroad Champs

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
Damagenz

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:33 am

Great weekend, Great Event, Great racing!

Thanks to the HBRC for hosting and running the event, it was a great weekend and all of us from CMR
had a blast. You guys have an awesome track, it was fantastic to race on!

Thanks again, and hope to see you all at the next event.

Cheers,

Glen
Formula 1 - Exotek F1R3
Pro 12 - Yokomo YRX-12
2wd Buggy - Yokomo YZ-2

CMR Club President

Mark G

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:44 am

I agree - thanks everyone who made it happen to create a great event. The track, fellow competitors, organizers and coming from Wellington the weather - Awesome!

My ontrack highlight was running the SS B on my own after Chris damaged his servo - No pressure then with all you SS A guys watching me!! Shaking on the stand already with all the eyes on me only increased when it was announced I was on for a 19 lapper - until the roll at the Hairpin onto the drivers straight and eventual thermal cutout with a minute to go- that extra timing gave the speed, but maybe I over did it a degree or two Haha!! Next time..

Good to put some names, shell designs and faces together.. hopefully see you all again soon.

Cheers,

Mark
Mi6EVO TC Mod
Eclipse - Pro12
X1 - F1
KD - MOD 2WD
K2 - MOD 4WD
Schumacher - Sanwa - Tekin - Fantom

tianoa

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Such a great event and an excellent track surrounded by awesome people. It would have to be the least weather effected NZRCA event I have ever attended.

Congratulations to James (Mother), Sonny, Duane, Chris and all the other HBRCC volunteers that prepped the track for racing and put in all the effort to make this such a successful event. Thanks to Scott and Amy for their contribution to a well-run meeting and Amber for the cool photos.
Had a great weekend and to share the podium in Touring Stock with the new “young guns” Callum Bishop and Jack Sweet is a testament to each of their respective clubs trying to put an emphasis on the kids in our awesome hobby. It was nice to put a few faces to names and to catch up with the different racers from around the country.

Special shout out to the Wrecking Crew for another epic road trip with so much fun and laughs on and off the track. Thanks to Darryl and Jamie for the transport there and back.

Thanks

Anthony Mara

maz_bop

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Epic weekend,, and the only one I know off that didn't have rain,

Big thanks to HBRCC for the track and hospitality.
Thanks to the Crew for putting up with me ,, and for Brett and Cherie for taking our mob in for four days of mayhem at their awesome home,

And a big shout out to the M Branz / AHP team members for taking away so many trophies!!!!!!

And How about them $10.00 Steaks!!!!!!
M Branz Ltd
www.mbranz.co.nz

tjharradine

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:13 pm

As a newbie to RC... my first major event....
I'd like to thank the whole RC community for creating such a welcoming event....
The competitors.... for the comraderie
The Hawkes Bay Club for their attention to detail setup......
NZRCA for their total support and professional services. ...

A big pat on the back to everyone. ...!!!!

Tim

F1Nut

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:33 am

So Many people to Thank!!

First and foremost Cherie and Brett for taking care of us and sharing in our mayhem, so many laughs and yes the $10 steaks blew us away!!

Thank you to the HBRCCC for hosting the event and to the NZRCA for running the event, well done Scott and the team, a big thank you to Amy for taking care of the timing, glad you got to give the mini truggy/SC you have full welly on the track!!

Thanks to Mbranz, AHP and The wrecking crew and all the harbour boys for making the trip, Simon B well done on winning F1, Could barely keep up with you and Collin all weekend. Well done Colin on Pro12 an Pro10. Pro12 looked like so much fun out there I wish I had raced it, Casper and Jang nice work on taking out podium spots!! Ricky Great to See you again Good Luck at the South Islands mate!!

Finally thank you to the weather gods for allowing it to be fine for the entire weekend :mrgreen:

And Good luck to those doing the South Islands, Hope the weather plays its part as it did for us (y)

Marty

Damagenz

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Would there be any chance of getting the full results posted up somewhere?

Cheers,

Glen
Formula 1 - Exotek F1R3
Pro 12 - Yokomo YRX-12
2wd Buggy - Yokomo YZ-2

CMR Club President

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:47 pm

If someone sends me a zip of the results (html files) then I can host them. (matt@rcracer.co.nz)

Cheers

Sonny

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm

hi All,
Sorry had a day off, so I have just done the meeting report as the following PDF,
but will try and send Matt the rest of the meeting,
But if anyone wants a specific result feel free to PM me,

Thanks to all that did make the effort to make it to the HB, With out you guys/girls going to events like this they will end up not happening, and I think Most ( sorry Simon ) went away with out much damage. which is always cheaper on the pocket.
Attachments
Meeting report North islands 2015.pdf
(47.35 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

Damagenz

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Cheers Sonny, much appreciated (y)
Formula 1 - Exotek F1R3
Pro 12 - Yokomo YRX-12
2wd Buggy - Yokomo YZ-2

CMR Club President

akphotos

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Here are the photos to from Finals Day.. https://www.facebook.com/NZRCA-New-Zeal ... 622331560/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon Noton

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Well after a week of putting my super stock car back together again I finally get a chance to thank the Hawkes Bay club for putting on a such a great event.
Thanks to Chris, James, Sonny and Dwayne for all your guys hard work behind the scenes, the track was prepared really well and was just awesome to drive, technical with plenty of grip...open up that back straight for the mod cars and would be one of the best around! The weather was mint unlike most rc events and the hospitality of the Hastings crew was awesome. The NZRCA collective, Amber and Scott, great photos Amber and Jeff and Amy for running the timing all weekend

The racing didn't quite go my way on finals day (as scene in the photos earlier...cough, cough) but that didn't dampen the enjoyment of the day as I got to sit back and watch some epic battling on the track. The surprise for me was how much I enjoyed running 12th for the first time on asphalt. Those little pesky things can be really fun to drive, Big ups to Jamie Holmes too who like me was on asphalt for the first time and took a podium spot. Im glad someone got to keep Colin a little honest. Thanks heaps to Marty for truing tyres and talking through setup...couldn't of done it without ya mate (y)

TC was awesome to drive on that track, the awesomatix was soooo good. Both Mod and Super were dialled all weekend. Well done to the guys that took out the podium spots Marty, Jamie and that super fast guy, Im gonna take out all the TC classes Anthony Hara, I mean Mara. Mate you drove like a champion!!!
Was great to see some of the young guys coming through, Callum Bishop, well done in mini to take TQ and the win and an awesome drive to take second in stock (watch out for this guy in a few years hes getting quicker all the time!) not to mention beating your old man. Will Smith for a mini podium in his first big event and just general enthusiasm is infectious...and the beers :D
Nice work Si Baker in F1 you drove really well whilst under a lot of pressure from Colin and Marty and to the rest of the Harbour crew such good times in the pits.
The highlight was seeing Nev and Will arm wrestle for the last set of fresh tyres for finals day in stock...Nev you are a beast and Will you need to grow some guns cuz....get that video up Callum, was classic!

Finally to my sponsors Darryl (MBranz/AHP) thanks for providing the Dualsky electronics package, super fast and kept cool by WTF fans, Fantom motors and batteries, so much punch out of those things, awesomatix for the epic cars, they were weapon and Lee speed spurs/pinions. Nick Pow at sloth graphics for the stupidly awesome paint job on the TC shell that took out concourse, nice mate (It survived that crash without any real damage too...WTF!!!). Thanks to Nev Bishop for the borrowed, crashed, rebuilt aweso to run in SS, you are a crazy man letting a muppet driver like me run that car!.
Was great catching up with the Welly boys, and our adopted Naki lad Ricky Field and all the other competitors at the event...bring on the next flat track race!!

Cheers
Simon
Attachments
Aweso 4.jpg
Aweso 4.jpg (147.93 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

YokoBro

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

We'll said mr noton.

(y)
FDAU Racing
BD7-16
A800
Tki4
ST-rr evo2
R1 Wurks
Fantom
Orion
LRP

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:00 am

Here's full results: http://rcracer.co.nz/files/events/elect ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

• Information