2012 Racing Lines International - 13th - 15th January

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
Sam Cooney

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Racing Lines Magazine and Speedi Models, in association with the North Harbour RC Car Club present the 2012 Racing Lines International
13th - 15th January 2012

Entry form and full event info attached to the bottom of this post
Online entries + entry list can be found here: http://www.nhrccc.org.nz/entries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Outlining some key points to this years event;

Format - This has received the biggest shake up. This year the event will be modeled more on other International race meetings running more qualifying heats, and basing qualifying on points rather than single best run.
-- Friday: Controlled timed practice from Midday until 10pm under flood lights.
-- Saturday: 5 rounds of qualifying - most likely another late start (TBC when entries are known). 3 rounds during the day, with a 1 hour dinner break to also allow the sun to set (it will be in drivers eyes at that hour). A further 2 rounds will be run into the night again under flood lights.
Qualifying will be based on points, with your best 3 of 5 rounds to determine your overall qualifying position.
-- Sunday: Finals day - minimal changes with the aim to wrap up around 4pm

The format is also outlined on the entry form.

Minimum class entries will be 8 cars per class.

21.5t Open - As a trial we will be running a 21.5t Open brushless class. This will be normal touring car rules as per NZRCA however motors will be restricted to 21.5t brushless. Any brand, no restrictions on timing or boost.
This class is free entry for any racer as a second class (ie. you cannot enter the event for free and run only 21.5t Open).

Scrutineering - Will be open on Friday to check in cars and glue tyres. It is highly recommended to check in on Friday to speed up the weekend.

Control Tyes - this is a Much More 32 pre-mount (same used last year). This can be purchased through the entry form for a discounted $40 per set, or you can provide your own.
If you provide your own, they must be brought to the track in their original packets, with all part numbers corresponding to those listed on the entry form. This will be checked at scruiteneering, and your sets will be marked.
All gluing is to take place at the allocated gluing area - as per last year.

Practice tyres are available for purchase from Speedi Models, or through the club on the Friday.

It should be quite exciting racing under lights this year, something I atleast have never seen in NZ before. I've experienced it before overseas and it is quite an experience, the pace at night is always quick too!!

Update of event details:

Format: (times subject to change as entries are still coming in obviously - but this is the general format)
Friday -
Practice: Track open with timed practice from 12pm to 10pm. This will be controlled during peak times (as per below), off-peak times it will be free practice.

Practice will start on each hour and rotate as follows:
0-20 minutes: Stock and Formula 1
20-40 minutes: 21.5t and Mini
40-60 minutes: Super Stock, Pro10* and Modified

Scrutineering: Open from 12pm to 6pm. To ease organising on Saturday morning it is recommended to please check in on Friday, glue tyres etc.

Evening: There will be a casual atmosphere during the evening with a BBQ and beers going (along with soft drinks). For those of you with artistic flare (and too much spare time!) there will be spot prizes awarded for anyone that has an impressive light display on their car.

Saturday -
Scruitineering: Open 8am to 10am

Practice: Controlled practice 8.20am to 9.20am, 9.20am to 10.20am. As per the time allocations above.

Drivers Briefing: 10.30am

Qualifying Round 1: 11.00am
Dinner Break: 6.30pm
Qualifying Round 4: 7.00pm

There are 5 rounds of qualifying on Saturday (3 during the day, 2 at night. The best 3 of 5 runs will count towards your placing for the finals)

Sunday -
Practice: Controlled practice 9.20am to 10.20am. Again as per the above time allocations.

Drivers Briefing: 10.20am

Finals Round 1: 10.30am

There are 3 finals rounds for all classes.

Prize Giving will follow after finals are completed.

* Pro10 is subject to meeting the minimum entries of 8.

Rain: There is no indoor venue or rain day allocated for the event. The forecast at this stage is looking in our favour. In the event of rain however all efforts will be made to run as much of the meeting as possible over the allocated days (and evenings). If needed the event may have to be shortened.

Shelter + Power: This year we will not have the large sun shade setup, so if shelter is wanted you will need to provide your own. Power will be provided, along with a compressor.

Pitting + Parking: As per previous years, the pits will be set up on the grass at the top of the track, and parking will be in the top car park.
Attachments
2012 International.pdf
(288.46 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Last edited by Sam Cooney on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

colin storey

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:44 pm

So it's turbo in ss as theres no mention of fixed timing.That will be awesome.Sounds like an awesome event.Hopefully i have another worker by then and can get the time off work.
colin

subdriftr

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Any chance of Pro10 been a class? as we had 7 at the north islands and i know of a couple more that could be interested

Sam Cooney

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 pm

That's right Colin, Super Stock as per NZRCA rules bar the use of controlled tyres

muzza rc

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Wow.... This event is going to be epic (y)

The format sounds fantastic Sam. Great work

Muzza

Bishy

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Hmmm, Pro10 with LED lights fitted would be pretty cool for night time qualifying :roll:

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Flood light qualifying... EPIC!

Sam Cooney

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Pro10 was meant to be in there from the start, but it slipped through when I published the entry
I already had to edit it earlier too because I forgot to add in 21.5t

I think it's done now :wink:

Yep should be pretty good fun running into the night, looking forward to it!

Sam Cooney

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Online entries have also just gone live

Big thanks to Chris T for his efforts there

sijorg

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 am

Sorry help me understand this guys..... chance of only 1 finals race for a B or C final ????

"-- Sunday: Finals day - minimal changes with the aim to wrap up around 4pm

The format is also outlined on the entry form" which states " lower finals may only have a single final - this will be time dependent "

How long are you planning to have the A finals that we 're not going to get through 3 rounds for B or C final?

Not exactly a strong selling point?

Si

daniel.watson

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:39 am

sijorg wrote:Sorry help me understand this guys..... chance of only 1 finals race for a B or C final ????
Si
man that sounds like <insert what you were really thinking si>
And who does the marshalling work in that case? I guess I can go home early ?

Like si just said .. Hard to sell that to the masses?

Overall looks way better than last year :)
apart from the above issue

Sam Cooney

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am

Si, up until last year (or possibly 2010) that's how the meeting was always run. 3 rounds of A finals and 1 round of all subsequent finals.
However putting that in there is really just a case of covering our asses, so if time does become tight we can cut a round of lower finals.

The intention will be to run as per normal, but worst case that is what will happen.

daniel.watson

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 am

Entered :) hard to resist this.
4 classes should do it :D

sijorg

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:24 am

Fair enough Sam... I'm not doubting they were. Perhaps Ive opened my eyes especially after I looked harder at the plan for finals sunday after what happend at the north islands this weekend.

Best avoided if your good enough to make an A final.... but I think we went to E final in stock last year and would feel a bit ripped off if you paid full price for a third less finals racing :)

( HRCCC had advertised for 4 rounds of finals for the north islands but as the event was NZRCA sactioned we had to abide by the NZRCA rules which of course confirm maximum of 3 rounds - hope I have that wording right but you get the jist- so we had to drop 1 round )

Si

Tyler
mclovin

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 am

sijorg wrote:Fair enough Sam... I'm not doubting they were. Perhaps Ive opened my eyes especially after I looked harder at the plan for finals sunday after what happend at the north islands this weekend.

Best avoided if your good enough to make an A final.... but I think we went to E final in stock last year and would feel a bit ripped off if you paid full price for a third less finals racing :)

( HRCCC had advertised for 4 rounds of finals for the north islands but as the event was NZRCA sactioned we had to abide by the NZRCA rules which of course confirm maximum of 3 rounds - hope I have that wording right but you get the jist- so we had to drop 1 round )

Si
Agreed... 1 round is just not enough...

• Information