2010 Off-Road IC Nationals

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
Warren Mears

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 am

2010 Off-Road IC Nationals

Normally this event is held in November and as the NZRCA AGM has now been moved to December (great idea by the way - I hope all clubs follow suit), the dates will ned to be set outside of the AGM.

On behalf of the Dunedin Radio Enthusiast's Car Club I would like to put our hand up to run the event in November. Please provide some feedback on whether you would support us.

I know that Hamilton have also indicated an interest as well and I am sure our members will support the event in Hamilton if Ian and his team are successful.

I also know that the NZRCA will be putting out some information re applying for rights to hold National events shortly (thanks for the quick response to my email Scott), but no harm in getting a guage on peoples feelings early though.

Warren Mears - Secretary DRECC

RETRO RC

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Warren Mears wrote:2010 Off-Road IC Nationals

Normally this event is held in November and as the NZRCA AGM has now been moved to December (great idea by the way - I hope all clubs follow suit), the dates will ned to be set outside of the AGM.

On behalf of the Dunedin Radio Enthusiast's Car Club I would like to put our hand up to run the event in November. Please provide some feedback on whether you would support us.

I know that Hamilton have also indicated an interest as well and I am sure our members will support the event in Hamilton if Ian and his team are successful.

I also know that the NZRCA will be putting out some information re applying for rights to hold National events shortly (thanks for the quick response to my email Scott), but no harm in getting a guage on peoples feelings early though.

Warren Mears - Secretary DRECC
sorry warren no south island trips for me this year

PodiumRegular

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am

The dates given for the IC Off-Road Nats (either one of the first Weekends in November) means HRCCC will now most likely pull out of the hosting of the event.

The dates also clash with the Worlds so looks like Jerry and one other won't be there either and the likely hood of any Aussie drivers has now diminshed also.

The Waikato Champs will still be going ahead and with a few Aussie drivers too all going to plan.

Regards Ian

Stu63

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Clubs can apply for dispensation for alternative free date.
So in this case with 2010 IFMAR IC Off-road Worlds being on the 7th - 14th Nov, I think it would foolish not change the date for this years NZRCA IC Off-road Nationals.
How about first two weeks of December?

Any way I know where I will be a beginning of November this year :D.

mcdoogie

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

PodiumRegular wrote:The dates given for the IC Off-Road Nats (either one of the first Weekends in November) means HRCCC will now most likely pull out of the hosting of the event.

The dates also clash with the Worlds so looks like Jerry and one other won't be there either and the likely hood of any Aussie drivers has now diminshed also.

The Waikato Champs will still be going ahead and with a few Aussie drivers too all going to plan.

Regards Ian
Dissapointing to hear that HRCCC are pulling out........Surely if the dates dont clash with anything else then it would be still worth putting your hand up wouldnt it?

Its up to the clubs to decide via a vote organised by the NZRCA isnt it?

Sad to see the towell getting thrown in.......no nats for me this year then if its in November :(

PodiumRegular

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Gray, yes disappointing - we will not consider hosting the event in November as per the schedule of events from the NZRCA. Should it go to ballot no one will know who or where or when the Nats will be until 1 July ... some 12 weeks away.

Regards Ian

Stu63

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Whats the problem, it does not have to be in November.
NZRCA said it can be changed if need, and this year it needs to change due the Worlds.

BOPRACER

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I don't think I could do a long trip with a new baby coming soon. Hamilton would suit me so I hope HRCCC can sort something out.

Warren Mears

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Although we have put our hand up to run this event, we do realise that it should probably go to a North Island club this year given that the Nationals were in the South Island last year. I do hope that you still continue to process your application Ian and that the NZRCA are flexible given the timing of the Worlds. If Hamilton do proceed I will be recommending that our committee support your application.

Warren Mears

curacing

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:38 am

If December is the right time for hrccc to run it then thats when it should be run.

What do the clubs need to do Stu to get that date changed?

Stu63

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:07 am

curacing wrote:What do the clubs need to do Stu to get that date changed?
Simply put their application in to the NZRCA and give good reasons why the date should change for a given year/event.

jezza

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Well lets hope it gets changed cause I'd rather do well at the NZ champs, and I'm sure my sponsors would like to see me at our National event. Surely common sense will prevail as it's definitely a no brainer to have our best drivers at our top event.

Matt Whitmarsh

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:07 pm

My feeling from those members I've spoken to is that the HRCCC committee will still be keen to proceed with our application for this event to run in early December. Whether or not DRCCC support us (your support would definitely be appreciated), simply affects the timeline, and July 1st as a worst case scenario still gives us enough time to organise things. We're a big, well resourced club with an enthusiastic committee - it should be a breeze.

Matt or Mike VDH - any chance of moving this thread into the major events forum?

Chris Trotman
RCRACER

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Moved.

Warren Mears

Sun May 09, 2010 10:37 pm

At our meeting on Tuesday night it was decided that in the interests of expedience and to allow Hamilton the necessary time available to provide the best possible event, that Dunedin will not be proceeding with our application to host the 2010 Nationals.

Warren

• Information