2009 Waikato IC offroad Champs 2-4th October 2009

Discussion of major RC events here
i.e. Nationals, North Islands, Drivers Series etc
mcdoogie

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Guys

It's now official!

The Waikato IC Offroad Champs are to be held at Bristol Place in Hamilton over the 2-4th of October 2009.

Unlike last years event where we were pushed for time and could run just Buggy, this years event will cater for both Truggy and Buggy classes.

Book it in to your racing calendars and watch this space and http://www.hrccc.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more details as they happen.

See you there

Gray

tim mckay

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:29 am

Im not too sure why this issue even came up at the AGM, these are 2 events 1 week apart, surely this is fine, its not like the problems that happened last year up north when 2x nzrca events were ran on same date.

Some Club at agm asked that dunedin change there date so these 2 events arent back to back, so nzrca said they would talk to dunedin and ask, which they havent yet, and since they cant change date, and i presume waikato cant either, surely the only other plan to make sure these events continue to be ran is to hold them both on there dates they asked for, be it 1 week apart

I always travel to every major event, Sure it costs alot, and intend to travel to both of these events, and for 1 event its a flight to hamilton, for the other its a 4 hour drive away, i know costs will be high to do both, but regardless of whether they are 1 week apart or 3 weeks apart its still gonna cost the same, so as long as i save now i will be fine :lol:

8)

mcdoogie

Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 am

extreme wrote:Yeh !!

No shit, Its official!! Your glorified club meeting has taken precedence over our major south island event. That truely sucks. I don't see how you got precedence over those dates. Its funny our application which was submitted last year gets lost then the dates get knocked back by the Waikato champs?? What a complete balls up. We have been rolled on this one... Top job....

Totally Bemused
South Island Pawn
Juan

Like yourself, I wasnt present at the meeting so I dont really know what went down. From an HRCCC perspective we had no problem with your dates being one week apart from yours. I understand that the date issue was raised by another club and until now was not even aware that you had been asked to move. Trust us, we would rather have our meeting at a time of the year when the weather is more consistent, however we do not have that luxury at our venue. This was the only date that the park was available throught the year for 3 days solid (it is shared by four other clubs which have bookings). Our dates were applied for and finally approved by Council way back in Febuary, long before we heard of your event.

I understand your frustration (we have had plenty of our own this year over meeting clashes and weather not playing the game) but please do not attack HRCCC. We wish you all the best for the meeting and hope that we have a strong HRCCC presence there.

Regards

Graeme

ShaneA
Location: Auckland (Account deactivated at users own request)

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:39 am

I am sure the decision made at the meeting was in the best interests of everyone concerned, taking into account the availability of venues etc, as Graeme pointed out above.
It will be possible for those who wish to attend both meetings to do so, although I agree it would be a hectic couple of weeks cleaning, rebuilding and travelling. But that's all part of the fun - yes ?

Looking on the bright side - we are very lucky to have all these events to choose from, considering the size of our country and the relatively small percentage of the population who indulge in our chosen pastime.
We should all be grateful for what we have, and for the people that make it happen. We certainly don't need any inter club rivalry and bad vibes going down. So lets put our toys back in the play pen and go racing 8)

Andrew

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Juan,

I was at the NZRCA AGM and at no stage did HRCCC request that the SI Champs be moved.
Voting for the Waikato Champs came up first and everyone approved the dates for that. Next was the SI Champs and there was some discussion
about it being 1 weekend apart from the Waikato Champs. Most people concluded that the Offroad IC guys are mad enough about their sport to want to do both
but it was raised (not by HRCCC) that Dunedin be asked if they might consider the POSSIBILITY of new dates.
Thats it.
There was nothing dirty or down right evil about the decision.
I believe you still have the option of running your original dates, I just think the NZRCA was concerned about the possibility of similar issues arising from the
the Auckland Champs vs Drivers Series debate of 2008 :)

Cheers
Andrew

RETRO RC

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:08 pm

extreme wrote:Yeh !!

No shit, Its official!! Your glorified club meeting has taken precedence over our major south island event. That truely sucks. I don't see how you got precedence over those dates. Its funny our application which was submitted last year gets lost then the dates get knocked back by the Waikato champs?? What a complete balls up. We have been rolled on this one... Top job....

Totally Bemused
South Island Pawn
:roll: Nice attitude Juan,

You sure its got nothing to do with the NI electric offroad champs being run on the weekend of 9-11th oct :?:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tim mckay

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:18 pm

At the AGM Hawkes bay put down 2 datyes, 25-27 September and 10-12 October, they got there preferred date of 25-27 September confirmed at AGM, but now they too want to change it to clash with Dunedin, and we all know going off past conflicts what club will have to change :lol: South Island Club

What a Mess, Could have all been avoided had Dunedin got there Date confirmed at AGM, but no, it didnt suit 1 club so they asked nzrca to Talk to Dunedin and see if they can change, but in the meantime hawkes bay swooped in and now stole there date :shock:

gasman

Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry Tim, but I'm not sure that it will have any effect on those who wish to race in Dunedin. I totally see your point, and we don't wish to upset anyone, but events beyond our control have forced our hand, and we can't get a free weekend until nearly christmas....
Four of us will be racing at Hamilton the weekend before, and hopefully the four of us will be at the IC Nats in Christchurch, personally I can't wait, hav'nt been to Christchurch in twenty odd years.

Trev

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

I propose the new NZRCA committee start working on a schedule for 2010 & possibly 2011 for all classes. The schedule needs to factor in availability of venue for races held at same site (e.g. presumably Waikato gas off road champs will be held at Hamilton, Ultimate open at new Plymouth etc). Also need to consider not clashing with major Australian nationals as we are now attracting them to our big events.
Knowing the date of when national & regional races will be held for NZRCA class will make annual leave & travel arrangements much easier. E.g. if racers know the electric nationals will be held on the 3rd weekend of XYZ month then they can prepare for it many months in advance.

tim mckay

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm

gasman wrote:Sorry Tim, but I'm not sure that it will have any effect on those who wish to race in Dunedin. I totally see your point, and we don't wish to upset anyone, but events beyond our control have forced our hand, and we can't get a free weekend until nearly christmas....
Four of us will be racing at Hamilton the weekend before, and hopefully the four of us will be at the IC Nats in Christchurch, personally I can't wait, hav'nt been to Christchurch in twenty odd years.
NZRCA rules state only 1 Sanctioned event to be held on any day, so no way youll be able to hold both South island Nitro and North Island electrics. We at harewood tried to hold the south islands on same weekend as Counties held last years north island electric off roads and got shot down bigtime.

NZRCA will make final decision, but im guessing they will negotiate with Dunedin first since that was there Date that should have been confirmed at AGM, and at AGM hawkes bay did get there preferred date in September.

George Bush

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm

This is all getting a bit out of hand. For the record:
Some time ago we asked the A & P Society (our landlords) for suitable dates to hold the EP offroad north islands so we could go to the AGM prepared. We got two dates - Late Sept and early Oct.
The Sept one was approved at the AGM.
However, in the meantime the Stockcar guys asked to use the A & P indoor venue on that same Sept date for their Nationals, and got it confirmed by A & P (not the A & P's fault - they had no idea running two RC events 100 metres apart might be an issue).

We run out of suitable dates at our track in October with the Wine Awards, The Show and Labour weekend (also HB Anniversary Wkend). Novembers schedule is full and then it's Christmas.

Ours is one of the few clubs that run Nitro and electric off road, (hell we even do a bit of on road), so we have guys wanting to attend all sorts of events - usually the very same guys that are expected to run these things! So you got three choices:
1) run it at the same date and venue as another RC event and wait for the frequency clashes.
2) switch dates to 2nd choice
3) let someone else run the event

As for the nitro v electric, north v south? Bollocks! And you wonder why some good people get out of this so called "sport".

PodiumRegular

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post subject: Re: South Offroad Champs 2009Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm
Ummm
Very interesting posting Ju.
Stock cars are now part of the NZRCA now too - lets hope they dont choke the calander further.
Regards Ian

Note my posting above from 1.03pm today on another thread.
I did not know the change was a result of Stockcars and the subsiquent double booking.
Stockcars are part of the NZRCA now - Maybe the NZRCA should make a ruling on this - I would say your September date should be as per the AGM - There should not be 2 sanctioned events on the same weekend.

Regards Ian

ChrisB

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey Grey,

Just jumping back on topic, I assume all will be announced shortly but is there any idea whether you will be 5 or 10 min heats, direct qualifying in to finals or bump up through semi's? Also are there any track changes planned?

Juan - As a club president you should not be posting the sort of things you have posted on HRCCC's thread it is unprofessional and does not help the situation,I would suggest you remove or delete the posts. It is best you take your concerns up with NZRCA rather than posting them on a public forum.

Cheers
Chris

gasman

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 am

I am going to put my hand up for this cock up.....As of today can we end this, Our club will look at another date for the EP Ni champs, even though it would have affected nobody with the two events on the same weekend.
I appreciate what everyone has had to say, but as an act of good faith, and a wish to not drag this out, we (HBRCC) will look for another spot.

Now GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

mcdoogie

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:39 am

Whiteguy wrote:Hey Grey,

Just jumping back on topic, I assume all will be announced shortly but is there any idea whether you will be 5 or 10 min heats, direct qualifying in to finals or bump up through semi's? Also are there any track changes planned?

Cheers
Chris
Hey Chris

We have not discussed the format yet, It appears that from the results of Tims poll that most are in favour of ten minute heats. We have the park for Friday Saturday and Sunday so maybe if we do a round of qualifying on Friday we could get 10 minute qualifiers in. I guess at the end of the day it depends on how many entries we get.
We always endeavour to give our racers as much track time as possible and always try to lift the standard at every event we host......I hope that this will not be an exception.

I'm a firm believer of no one going directly through to the final. I like to see everyone do as much work as they have to to be there. However its not my decision, but the commitees.

As for track changes, I'm not sure on that either. I would like to see more jumps.....whatch this space.

More details will be out soon.

Cheers

Gray

• Information