NZRCA Moving forward

Discuss matters of a general nature
JR007

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:21 am

Hi guys,
I'll have a chat with the Harewood committee and see if they want to set it up or not :)

NZ_Basher

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Like Gray said
we have our own website and forum thanks

RETRO RC

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:00 pm

NZ_Basher wrote:Like Gray said
we have our own website and forum thanks
there could always just be a link setup to the Harewood site :?:

tim mckay

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 pm

I have requested a section , just awaiting for it to be added.

We will only use it to promote events we run and upcoming events, we will stick to our club one for club day events and most other things. I know we have our own forum, yet so do alot of other clubs and we could link alot of stuff from this section to our own forum so its a win win for everyone.

Matt Whitmarsh

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 pm

I've always wondered why Counties doesn't have a section in the Clubs area - I guess it's the same situation Matt is it?

kiwirevo
RCRACER

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:28 pm

:D Yes, all that has to be done is for someone to ask and give us details of the moderators for it.

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Matt Whitmarsh wrote:I've always wondered why Counties doesn't have a section in the Clubs area - I guess it's the same situation Matt is it?
yep (y)

my4ari

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Time for an update from the NZRCA. We have advised the clubs of a Special meeting to be held on the 3rd October in Hamilton to get some items in the constitution sorted. Karl is working on having the final agenda out in the coming days so clubs will know what exactly is being discussed.

I have been working hard with my partner designing and building a first edition NZ RC Magazine/newsletter which we have finally published the first edition. This is electronic only and is now on the NZRCA website. You will see a little picture at the bottom of the current menu list, click on this to download. File is 12mb.

If you read this edition of the magazine, you will see its simply to give you an idea of what it can look like layout wise. However, the content for future editions will need to come from YOU - the members. We need race reports and club information/photos to fill your pages. If nothing is received, then it will be hard to keep going. So i welcome anyone to write in - the email address for the magazine is nz_rcracing@xtra.co.nz

I am working with Dave on new website ideas. One thing we are currently looking into, is a registration system where members can enter their name and email address into the registration, then any future magazines, or communications from the NZRCA, will be sent out to this registered email list directly. Dave has been working on a completely new website, but we do want to get this right from the start so please be patient with us around this.

The first Sanctioned meeting of our new year is this weekend in Hawkes Bay. In 2 weeks time is the Waikato I.C Off-Road champs followed a week later with the first event on the new Dunedin Off-Road track - the South Island I.C Off-Roads. I wish all competitors the best of luck at all of these events.

I hope to catch up with many of you over the coming months at events and at the special meeting.

Until then, good racing

Scott Kendall
President
NZRCA

Matt Smith

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

Looks good Scott.

Damon S

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am

Kick ass man, thats a whole lot of work (y)

gasman

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm

This is a long time coming, and worth the wait, a job well done Scott and co, been passing it around at practice today.

ed

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 pm

thats awesome Scott, the two of you must have spent ages doing it

is there anything you want other than weekend results ?

like say a monthly coloum, or a cartoon something like that ?

Ed

my4ari

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks to all those who have given their feedback.

To your question Ed - Yes, if there is anyone out there that wants to do a monthly column just flick me an email at nz_rcracing@xtra.co.nz.
Also with the idea of a cartoon page or strip - yes, thats the ideas we want.

Anything racing related if you get it to us by the 1st of the month each month it will be sure to be added to the magazine.

If anyone has any further questions or ideas, give me and email and i'll get in touch with you.

Thanks

Scott Kendall
President
NZRCA

James

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Great job guys, from helping setup the original website by providing info and pictures of all the tracks around, I know it is a huge amount of work to undertake in your spare time! Keep the great ideas coming!

Wayne

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:45 pm

my4ari wrote:Hi Everyone,

Time for an update from the NZRCA. We have advised the clubs of a Special meeting to be held on the 3rd October in Hamilton to get some items in the constitution sorted. Karl is working on having the final agenda out in the coming days so clubs will know what exactly is being discussed.

I have been working hard with my partner designing and building a first edition NZ RC Magazine/newsletter which we have finally published the first edition. This is electronic only and is now on the NZRCA website. You will see a little picture at the bottom of the current menu list, click on this to download. File is 12mb.

If you read this edition of the magazine, you will see its simply to give you an idea of what it can look like layout wise. However, the content for future editions will need to come from YOU - the members. We need race reports and club information/photos to fill your pages. If nothing is received, then it will be hard to keep going. So i welcome anyone to write in - the email address for the magazine is nz_rcracing@xtra.co.nz

I am working with Dave on new website ideas. One thing we are currently looking into, is a registration system where members can enter their name and email address into the registration, then any future magazines, or communications from the NZRCA, will be sent out to this registered email list directly. Dave has been working on a completely new website, but we do want to get this right from the start so please be patient with us around this.

The first Sanctioned meeting of our new year is this weekend in Hawkes Bay. In 2 weeks time is the Waikato I.C Off-Road champs followed a week later with the first event on the new Dunedin Off-Road track - the South Island I.C Off-Roads. I wish all competitors the best of luck at all of these events.

I hope to catch up with many of you over the coming months at events and at the special meeting.

Until then, good racing

Scott Kendall
President
NZRCA
Is this meeting still going ahead and is if for all racers to attend?
An where will it be held??

Cheers Wayne

• Information