Lap Counting Software

Discuss matters of a general nature
David Beck

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello
Our club "Invercargill RC Racers" under the umbrella of The Southland Society of Model Engineers Inc. now has enough funding to purchase a Mylaps RC4 system with club transponders. We hope to have this in place by the end of the year.
My question is: What are other clubs in New Zealand using for lap counting software? Does the club own the software or do you pay an annual subscription?
Any discussion on this subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks, David.

my4ari

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:21 pm

David Beck wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 pm
Hello
Our club "Invercargill RC Racers" under the umbrella of The Southland Society of Model Engineers Inc. now has enough funding to purchase a Mylaps RC4 system with club transponders. We hope to have this in place by the end of the year.
My question is: What are other clubs in New Zealand using for lap counting software? Does the club own the software or do you pay an annual subscription?
Any discussion on this subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks, David.
Hi David,

Just a thought but is it worth your club joining the NZRCA for the $100 affiliation fee then you can gain access to the NZRCA funded livetime software?

Kind regards
Scott Kendall
NZRCA Secretary

colin storey

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:20 pm

North harbour uses alycat. Our program also calculates the fees for each racer. Dont usually have any issues. But last time we did the man. Was talking to us at 11pm while we were trying to fix it.
Colin
Goodride Tyres
Team Tekin
Tekin RSX
Tekin Rs/Spec
Tekin Redline
UFRA

sojazzschool

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Use Livetime and absolutely love it!
Everything is super easy - drag and drop.
It's what we have been running at ARCCC.

I have only used this one software so that's what I know but it's so straightforward I don't see it being beat.

kartyboy94

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 pm

I agree with the above. Become an NZRCA club, grab livetime, and don’t look back

bigspeights

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:23 pm

It might be worth sending a message to Aaron Ryan at the Manawatu Radio Control Car Club as we no longer have a track but have the timing gear

regards
Zac

• Information