New Racer to Hamilton

Hamilton Radio Control Car Club
rc_nut

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi guys,
I’m just moving to Hamilton from New Plymouth. I’m looking into getting Into racing at the local club (just for fun - not really competitive racing). I used to race nitro off-road at the local track (but other things took priority and havnt been racing for 2 years). I want to get into on-road electric racing and need a car that’s not to expensive to run and maintain. And ideas of a car etc would be helpful.
Cheers and thanks for the help.
Losi, Go Engine, Spketrum, Upgrade RC, Savox

AidenGregory

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 pm

we don't do much onroad racing here anymore. but if you are interested in travelling there are clubs like north shore and tauranga that do run onroad just not on tarmac, or if you wanted to run on tarmac hawkes bay is probably the closest tarmac onroad track to hamilton.

Jonathon

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 am

NHRCCC is now running outdoors onroad at the netball centre, as well as the indoors at the indoor netball/cricket centre in Henderson.

It would be worth talking to Stephen at Speedi Models, he sells the Express XQ1S which looks to be a decent car for not much money, certainly good enough for Touring Stock.

Crash C

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 pm

We have indoor off road this weekend , come have a look and a talk to the members and have a drive of the club rally cars if you like .
Saturday
Racing starts at 3 setup before from 12 . Hamilton table tennis centre Edgecomb street.
Braedon

Yokomo YZ2
Losi 22T
RedsRC
Sky RC
Frankton Model Shop
Hobby Hanger

Shagzternz1

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:13 pm

As an alternative you could race rc speedway, buy a stock car / streetstock/ saloon n race at Huntly, first meeting is 28th October at Huntly Speedway
Mbranz
Counties
HRCCC
:twisted:

• Information