1/10 Pan car

Anything with an Electric Motor can be discussed in here.
Tomo uk

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:37 am

The car in the video has a micro edf inrunner motor on 4s just to see what it went like.
My car I run on a carpet track (due to constant rain in the uk) runs on 4.5 trinity d3.5 on 2s with a tekin pro with boost which is plenty fast enough.
Most clubs run the 200mm "world gt" spec which is 1s 10.5t boosted with the liliac control tyre.
http://youtu.be/cfAWYbaivI0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then we also run a gt12 class which is a 1/12th version on 1s 13.5 blinky with the chassis cost controlled.
http://youtu.be/IumM-AG4b_w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am on pole in this race you can just about see these little cars going round :)

JR007

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 am

I'd advertise for a 2nd hand one and see what pops up. My recommendations are X-Ray or CRC. Both are proven on the track.
The 10R5 is good, but requires some mods for Lipo.
If you haven't raced anything like it before, buy something that an experienced racer has at the track. They take some time and patience to set up and run right, so it's always great to have some help at the track.
Also, they are 90% tire selection. Run what the other locals are running to save some pain :)

Bishy

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:50 am

This one is well sorted and a great price:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy who owns it is real slow too so it's never had a high speed crash :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ORCA, Savox, Bullitt, TLR, AKA

bigted

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Haha that looks like an awesome car Bushy :lol: :lol:

Worst it had was ate a couple of cats eyes the last time it ran, was the Nationals at Manawatu... plus took it in the rear hence a new axle supplied :shock:
"MIGHTY METHANOL MOB"

Bishy

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Hmmm yes, the world famous cats-eyes. I did my bit for pan-kind by removing one cleanly using a subtle combination of speed, accuracy and a Team Associated carbon front bumper. unfortunately the bumper is no longer with us but the memory of it's selfless act lives on...
ORCA, Savox, Bullitt, TLR, AKA

Knightstale

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for all ya help and so quickly guys, Bishy, yeah I saw that one, which is what actually made me look around a little more for whats out there :) I cant buy just yet which is why I have been looking, and info gathering :) does look like a nice chassis though.
2x Team Associated TC5F
1x Tamiya M-05 CRX

Matt Whitmarsh

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

This is what I run: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php? ... ID=7719149 It is good value for money.
Intech ER-12
Intech ER-14
Losi 8ight 3.0 Tekno V4
Ofna TS4 Pro

Tomo uk

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 pm

The crc is the car I run. A lot of people rate the new associated car though.
Xray is the best quality by a fair margin.
Spares availability and what the more experienced guys at your club are running would be my things to consider.
The hobbyking car isn't too bad, you do need to throw the kit front end away and fit an associated/crc front end and its a competitive car. The one I saw run had a crc rear axle in it also due to the stock hubs/axles not being able to take the four bolt rear wheels.

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Tomo uk wrote: The hobbyking car isn't too bad, you do need to throw the kit front end away and fit an associated/crc front end and its a competitive car. The one I saw run had a crc rear axle in it also due to the stock hubs/axles not being able to take the four bolt rear wheels.
Replace the front, middle and rear of the hobbyking, then it's a good car! :lol:

Knightstale

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Matt van der Haas wrote:
Tomo uk wrote: The hobbyking car isn't too bad, you do need to throw the kit front end away and fit an associated/crc front end and its a competitive car. The one I saw run had a crc rear axle in it also due to the stock hubs/axles not being able to take the four bolt rear wheels.
Replace the front, middle and rear of the hobbyking, then it's a good car! :lol:
lol, aww go on, its GOTTA be a minta at that price! lol

just hope it doesnt play like a helicopter like the m05 did on Sunday lol
2x Team Associated TC5F
1x Tamiya M-05 CRX

Tomo uk

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Lol if you have the parts laying around or can tap up someone who does it would be ok.
I had my first taste of m chassis on Sunday when the Stephens lads let me have ago with theirs and it was awesome fun. (Green mini)

sijorg

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Tomo uk wrote:Hi guys new to the forum.
Just thought I would share a vid of what the pro10 cars look like in Europe

http://youtu.be/dGwaB9XWML4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4s lipo in a pro10..... hmmmm ideas ideas
Si

Knightstale

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Tomo uk wrote:Lol if you have the parts laying around or can tap up someone who does it would be ok.
I had my first taste of m chassis on Sunday when the Stephens lads let me have ago with theirs and it was awesome fun. (Green mini)

Ahh thats was you :) I was the bumbling blue and white CRX :D
2x Team Associated TC5F
1x Tamiya M-05 CRX

Tomo uk

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Yep it was me :)
Only visiting, leave for aus Friday.
Did enjoy the odd lap side by side with the other m chassis cars was a lot of fun. Pretty pleased to get round without embarrassing myself too much lol

Knightstale

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Tomo uk wrote:Yep it was me :)
Only visiting, leave for aus Friday.
Did enjoy the odd lap side by side with the other m chassis cars was a lot of fun. Pretty pleased to get round without embarrassing myself too much lol
lol I know exactly what you mean, I was only going to blat round before everyone got there as was my first time on the track properly, then when we got there it was covered with kids on bikes and stuff so that idea went out the window haha, still had an awesome day out there learning as I went.

Had a couple teething issues with the iPod dock on the controller, but got it sorted and working well :D
2x Team Associated TC5F
1x Tamiya M-05 CRX

• Information