M chassis - Rules

Anything with an Electric Motor can be discussed in here.
Team Magic Lover

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello everyone

I tried sending this to the NZRCA via there online contact us
but the Captcha does not know how to do maths at the moment!!!!

Anyways was looking in the rule book and found that the M chassis rules need fixing (Unless i am missing something)

Example

A22.9 Sweep Pre-Glued 40deg M-Chassis Tyres only – Part # SWP-MN40 shall be
eligible for M-Chassis class

A22.10 Either Tamiya foam or Tamiya moulded rubber inserts for the tyres must be
used.

A22.11 Stuffing tires with inserts to create a “ballooned” tyre and producing overdrive
is not legal.

If we can only use sweeps then the Tamiya needs to be removed and the stuffing. As it states only Pre Glued sweeps can be used.

But also regarding the pre glued if you go to sweepracingusa.com and search that part number you get 1 result

The tyres - But they come with pre gluing options you can chose rim,inserts - but there is not any mention of this in the rule book.

So must be open ?

let me know what you guys think.

lunchie

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:21 am

i think out of all the NZRCA rules, the Mini rules need the most work on them... tire rules, body limit rules and then there is the subject of the new M07 being released which i think should be allowed to run with some limitations (gearing etc) for the 2018 season.
i dont think its reasonable to wait and only have the m07 legal in 2020 for instance.

for me id like to see the body rules relaxed to allow any body except for "gt" lemans style racing car bodies ...seems crazy that an MX5 body is not legal yet the BRZ body with a friggen wing is legal.

m07 should be allowed to run box stock with a (20T?) pinion limit so it has the same theoretical top speed as an m05 (or even a 18T pinion to slow it down and acccount for its better handling?)
RC10B6
LCracing truggy, LCracing SCT, Tamiya M05 MX5, Blackfoot3 and Lunchbox
TIRCCC

my4ari

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I can answer this for you. At last years AGM it was voted in favour of to remove rules A22.10 & A22.11 and I have missed this (as has the technical officer) when producing this years rule books. I will amend this now and have the updated revision uploaded to the NZRCA website asap as I have just checked the minutes and it was definitely passed to delete these 2 rules.

Therefore the rule is:
A22.9 Sweep Pre-Glued 40deg M-Chassis Tyres only – Part # SWP-MN40 shall be eligible for M-Chassis class

As for the question around the part number on the Sweep website, I think this question is best answered by the NZ Sweep distributor or the club who put forward this tire/part number as the only approved tire.

And finally, a few people have made comment about the contact us page and I have asked Richard Price to look into this for us.

Kind regards

Scott Kendall
NZRCA Secretary

Team Magic Lover

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks for that Scott.

• Information