Awesomatix Touring Car

Anything with an Electric Motor can be discussed in here.
Simon Noton

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi guys,

With the summer season and asphalt racing coming here is a setup that I used at the Aussie Nats. It is essentially what Ryan Maker ran to win open modified with (beat none other than Ronald Volker) on his way to securing TQ and the win. In fact Awesomatix took out every TC class...so shall we say its a pretty competitive car! lol...
Give this setup a go and see what you think.
**Just be aware the front damper RHS/SRS is in arrangement II to access the softer aspect of the spring rate.
Attachments
A800 Aussie Nats.pdf
(951.38 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Simon Noton

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 am

Awesomatix has just announced the new A800X touring car kit. It will be avaliable in the coming few weeks. I will be taking some pre orders so pm me for details if you are interseted...see the details below!

The 2017 version will feature several improvements, refinements and option parts including updated main chassis plates with updated flex, suspension and drivetrain geometry. Adding to this is a redesigned top deck with new flex adjustment and updated ST55 and ST019 parts while new bulkheads and a new motor mount are also part of the 2017 package.
Other parts included are updated eccentric diff holders for altered axle heights, as well as a ball-raced swaybar system with integrated droop adjustment feature, a new spool and 38T pulley, and new damper mounts with limited A and B setting adjustment. The kit is rounded out by new SPR02X damper output shafts, AM06WL hubs, optimised geometry C01M1 carbon A-arms as well as the linear steering rack. The A800X is available as 2.2 carbon fibre chassis, soft alloy and hard alloy chassis variant and it will hit stores in the coming weeks.

New features:
– New C01BX/A/AH chassis with updated flex, suspension and drivetrain geometry
– New C27X 2mm top deck with innovative flex adjustment (new ST55 and ST019 parts)
– New AM77X bulkheads and AM78X motor mount for optimised diff position
– New P110 eccentric holders for altered diff height
– New ball-raced sway bar system with integrated droop adjustment P12X and AT142
– New AT03BX spool with new P138S 38T pulley
– New LS1 linear steering rack as standard
– New C04M1 carbon arms with optimised shape as standard
– New AM06WL hubs for improved geometry
– New SPR02X damper output shaft
– New AM17X damper holders with limited A and B adjustment
– ST130 30g centre weight as standard
Attachments
A800x.PNG
A800x.PNG (363.69 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

xlr8gtst

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Got my greasy little hands on a second hand A800 recently. Not really a touring car guy, but one thing I can say is these cars arent nearly as daunting as they might first appear. Dont get wrapped up in the fact that they are different. Once you get your head around how they work, Id go as far as to say they are quite a bit more simple than your traditional car, and if initial results are anything to go by, in the right hands they are a total weapon.
First impressions are a easy, stable car to drive with plenty of steering (mid-high grip carpet), and easy to work on. Happy punter so far.

YokoBro

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Sounds promising Glenn. I'll get my first run with my a800 this coming Saturday. Looking forward to it :)
FDAU Racing
Awesomatix
kyosho
R1 Wurks
Hobbywing
Orion
LRP

YokoBro

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 am

Looking forward to 2018 season. Now both running A800 cars 21.5 and 13.5 indoors and 13.5 and mod for outdoors. Both cars are really fast with support coming from Simon Noton. Really happy how responsive the A800's, set up is very straight forward n easy to change from indoors to outdoor set ups.
FDAU Racing
Awesomatix
kyosho
R1 Wurks
Hobbywing
Orion
LRP

Simon Noton

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Awesomatix have just released their new A800X Evo kits which are a nice evolution from the current A800X platform.
More looking at refinements in the car and will have its first run in NZ in the next couple of weeks. The Evo kit has been showing faster pace again than previous versions already overseas.

Of further interest is a conversion kit you can now run on any of the A800 cars...a mid motor conversion MMCX2
Actually it is not mid motor. The motor is moved forward by some margin but still is located in a rearward position. The point of interest here is the mid-spur location and the equal length belts front / rear. In theory this layout should provide a better and smoother power delivery than the unequal length belts of the current traditional layout.
With the change in motor position it now gives the option of running the esc either in fornt (traditional placement) or behind the motor.
We have a couple of these conversions hitting the track also which have shown a huge increase in corner speed over the traditional layout.
Attachments
MMCX.JPG
MMCX.JPG (58.1 KiB) Viewed 163 times

• Information