Pro12 (1/12th scale RWD pan cars)

Anything with an Electric Motor can be discussed in here.
Trev

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Just about to send another order to Xray. Could order one of the new 12 2018 models specially for you 8)
Cheers,
Trev

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 am

colin storey wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:54 pm
8 mins outdoors 5 min indoors.
Cool, thanks.

ed wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:10 pm
Matt van der Haas wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:46 pm
Why hello there. Long time no see.

I'm starting to get back into things, and should be able to enter pro12 at the October NHRCCC meet.

What's everyone running across the country now?

I'll be running an Xray '16. Bit of a step up from my last 1/12th (y)

Looking forward to it.

arnt you that guy who used to beat everyone ? ;)

welcome back Matt!
Thanks.
Haha I think you're thinking of that Luke Duthie guy :lol:

Trev wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm
Just about to send another order to Xray. Could order one of the new 12 2018 models specially for you 8)
Cheers,
Trev
Oh my, that'd be delicious if my budget allowed for it. Hopefully in a few months though (y)

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm

First night out with the Xray '16 at NHRCCC indoors.

Didn't have any optional springs to change to so I was a little constrained.

Motor: 4.5t Team Orion

ESC: Team orion Vortex V2 1S

Battery: Gens Ace 7000mah 1S 50C

Receiver Pack: N/A

Gearing used:
24t pinion, 96t spur. Motor came off cold after 5 minutes, and ESC warm, so potential to gear up a lot

Toe: Slight toe in

Tyres: 25 shore Rear, unknown Front

Overall Thoughts:

Racing opened at 3PM, and I was still painting my body shell at that point. So got to the track and was busy cutting the body out :lol: Got about 2 minutes of practice in, which was hard to tell if it was either the new surface, getting back into pro12, tight diff, or new setup which i was struggling with. But all of my thoughts were pointing towards those tyres.

First qual ran unknown rear tyres (didn't have time to swap them, was busy tuning the car), which was 'interesting', aka didn't work at all, so Colin came to the rescue with some 25 shore rear tyres, which made the car somewhat drivable in the 2nd qualifier, car is still all over the place though.

First time running 1/12th in the 'new' indoor track. It's amazing how much grip was on the blue stuff.

The car tended to wander quite a bit on initial acceleration out of a slow exit corner, it seemed fine when carrying speed. Next time I'm thinking of widening the front end to smooth out steering response, add a bit more toe in, go to a softer center shock spring, and harder side damper fluid. But a lot of it might be due to the unknown shore compound I was running on the front of the car. :lol:

To get some more rear grip I installed a gerny strip in the last race, which seemed to improve rear grip and on power handling.

The track is quite bumpy in places, so softening everything up to absorb the bumps will be a big help, almost flipped a few times on the straight due to the bumps :lol:

Had a really good battle in the second qualifier with Colin and Marty, with Marty taking the honors, Colin in 2nd, and me 3rd.

The finals, Colin unfortunately had a breakdown, which put him out of contention unfortunately, but me and marty had a really great race together, some great competition in 12th, looking forward to running full season next year.

colin storey

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:17 pm

yeah. It was great to see you back. Nice to see you that you haven't lost your ability. And the things you are going to do to your car is already on mine. So my thoughts go in the right way.
Also if you need anything on race night for your xray just ask. I'm sure I'd have what you need.
Ticktock
Goodride Tyres
Team Tekin
Tekin RSX
Tekin Rs/Spec
Tekin Redline
UFRA

Matt van der Haas
RCRACER

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Cheers (y)

Soo... Xray vs Yokomo? :lol:

Simon Noton

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Pfft...no contest Matt :wink: Glad to have you back racing!!!

Ian R

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:30 pm

My new toy!
RC12RC3.jpg
RC12RC3.jpg (467.39 KiB) Viewed 227 times

• Information